Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bearplanes!

My husband finally got the finishing touches on the baby's room done this weekend and we moved the furniture back into place (well, he moved the furniture and I gave him my moral support!).  We put a few decorations up and I am loving the way it is looking!


I just have to say what an awesome job hubby and my sister did painting!  It was so hard for me to stay out of it because I love painting and all that.

Here are some progress shots...




My sister can't take a picture without making a silly face...


So here is the final product (or at least what we have so far).  Oh and side note, we got these really adorable wall decals that go with the Baby Aviator bedroom set from Lambs and Ivy and we had a hard time getting them to stick.  My brother has the same things for my nephew's room and they worked just fine because their walls are smooth.  Our walls have texture to them, so the decals would stick but then start to come off.  Our solution was to use a little bit of glue (the tiniest drop of Roman's Seam Repair in a few key places) and it created a smoother surface for the decal to cling to without damaging our walls.




That little table in the corner is going to be moved out because it isn't baby safe, we want to get some kind of bookshelf and perhaps a toy chest with a bench seat on the lid.  There are also star appliques to go up and probably a picture or two.  But for now, I love it!

1 comment: