Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My First Year of Quilting Recap

So, I know I'm late on the whole 2012 recap thing, but since this is my first time keeping a blog I figure it's better late than never.

I just started quilting at the beginning of the year. I got my sewing machine for Christmas 2011 and finished my first quilt in four days. I was really excited! So, technically the first quilt was a 2011 finish, but I'm going to share it anyway.
 
 This pattern is Movin On Up and I used old recycled button up shirts of my husbands and some of my own.

At the same time, I started working on my second quilt and before I finished that I started my third, and before I finished that I started my fourth. I was addicted. I slowed down quite a bit after my 6th because of how large it was, I made a small quilt for my nephew after that.

Same fabrics as my first quilt
Got this pattern from a magazine
Pattern is Uncle Sam's Quilt from the Moda Bake Shop
Avignon Picnic Quilt from the Moda Bake Shop
A graduation quilt for my sister, made out of t-shirts front and back. No pattern. California king size.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear quilt for my nephew. No pattern.
At that point I had made a quilt for each month, but then I got pregnant and busy with school so I ended up taking a quilting hiatus. Then around Thanksgiving time I got the fever and decided to make 7 quilts for my family for Christmas out of my grandfather's old shirts. And I did! Bringing my total for the year up to 13 quilts (14 if you count the first one)! Not too shabby for a first year in quilting.

For my cousin - Summer Love from Moda Bake Shop

For my sister, same pattern.

For my aunt - Four Squared from Moda Bake Shop

For my mom - A simple nine-patch

For my uncle and aunt - Sixteen Tons by Crazymomquilts

For my brother and sister-in-law - All Things Equal from Moda Bake Shop

For my grandmother - I call this one Chinese Lanterns, but the pattern is Color Me Crayons. I didn't want to pay for the pattern so (with help from my hubby) we figured it out ourselves.





































I also made a few pillows this year. Two simple ones for my dogs, one to match my nephews quilt, one I made with my sister and one for my uncle (that I don't have a photo of).









And that about wraps it up. We'll see how much sewing I get done this year.

Happy New Year and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of quilting for a first year quilter. I like the pink, purple and orange one, and Uncle Sam's Quilt the best. Keep on stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete