Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New beginnings

My husband and I just got done with the holidays.  We were very busy and did a lot of traveling but it was really great to see everyone.


First we drove up to North Carolina to see Hubby's mom, step-dad, brother and sister-in-law.  We were there for four days and the only way it could've been better is if we got a little bit of snow.


The little guy's first Christmas gift - a giant dog
The day after Christmas, we drove back home for a couple of days.  I managed to finish the seven quilts I was working on as Christmas gifts for my family.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish it all for a minute there.

Working diligently in my mess
Then we were off to Tybee Island/Savannah, GA for another four days with my family.  We stayed in a giant beach house with everyone (my mom, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, sister, cousin, aunts, uncle and grandma.)


View from the beach house
Tybee Island Lighthouse
Fort Pulaski

Beautiful sunset on the beach






New Years firework display that lasted almost 20 minutes - very cool
When we got home, we gathered up all the loot that our baby boy got for Christmas and boy did he make out like a bandit!  Our families are so amazing, we are so thankful.  :D

That's a lot of presents for someone who isn't even here yet, he is so spoiled already!
Just yesterday, my dad and future step-mom came up and we exchanged gifts with them.  The holidays were wonderful for us and I am so glad that we got to spend them with everyone.

My mom, sister and brother (and his family) are supposed to be coming up next weekend too for my birthday.  So happy to get to spend so much time with family lately!

And hooray for new blogs!

1 comment: